Monday, April 26, 2010

Can crab's run 5ks?





6:35 am-Brandon and I woke up at the crack o' dawn on saturday morning to run in the Rising Star 5k that was held at Sugar House park to raise money for the lepers in Africa. It was a perfect day for a run and started out being pretty chilly until the sun was up and shining. Brandon did great and ran it in 36 minutes and accomplished his goal. Before the race began, B gave me some supplements to give me energy and keep me going through out the run. Let's just say it did the opposite and made me sick half way through the race! However, I came through and finished. I was pretty dissapointed in myself because I wasn't planning on walking at all or much and ended up walking a lot because I felt nauseous everytime I started running for a while. I still managed to keep my time under 45 min! haha.. we plan on running another 5k in 2 weeks for the cure at the Gateway. This time i'll be back, with a vengeance!


9:00 am-I went home wishing I could take a warm bath and crawl into my covers, but still had a loooonng day ahead of me. So I picked my self up, showered, and headed off to my 10948th bridal shower(only 3 left!). It was fun seeing Kal and all the great things she got for that big day (or night ;) ) It got me excited for when I get to have all these showers... not for a while though!


2:00 pm-Finally had a break to go home and do nothing... that's all I wanted all day long was to lay in my bed and "watch" Lost. Didn't get any further than pressing play because I fell right asleep!


5:30 pm-Woke up, spiffed up a bit, and high tailed my butt over to the boyfriends house. His wonderful parents made reservations for all of us at Willow Creek for the all you can eat king crab... ooooh boy. 5 crab legs, 1 twice baked potato, saute'd veggies and 1 strawberry daiquiri later, we were stuffed full and ready for a nap. Well, the nap never came but it ended up being a great night! That was the first time I've had my own crab. Usually B gets it and I (daringly) help him eat it. I think I was more interested in cracking the legs!

Sunday was a laid back day and kind of sad... Brandon helped me move some furniture to my parents house, where I'll be living for the next few months until I move back out. It should be good for me to be home for a while, but I still don't know how I feel about it! We went over to Brando's grandparents house for a yummy dinner afterwards and it hit the spot! After dinner we headed back to his place and watched yet another awesome game by the Jazz! 3-1... GET IT! To be honest, I am a little burned out with basketball and ready for baseball season and the sun. No more in doors for me! Oh- and for the record, Lake Powell is in exactly 2 weeks :) I am counting down the days!
love//cmar

No comments:

Post a Comment