Monday, June 21, 2010

21 aint' no 12

What a good day it was today. 
Father's Day...a day to celebrate my Daddy-O.  I was surprised what an eventful day it turned out to be.  I will let you in on a few things that my day consisted of...

-Brunch with Mom, Dad, and Leeser.  Restaurant was FREEZING, and the Eggs Benedict were not up to par, which was VERY disapointing.

-Went on a drive up Butterfield Canyon... First thoughts-WHOO WEE that didn't sound like much fun to me, but I went since it was Daddy's day and I LOVED it!  What a fun canyon to take a drive through.  It was BEAUTIFUL.  There was a slight breeze and you could hear nature in its path.  Once we got to the top I looked down into the Kennecot Mine(at least I think that's what it's called)!  That is where the largest man made hole is that is seen from space!  Way cool...
    On the drive up, I saw something from the corner of my eye dart into the car and land on my arm.  Why my arm out of all the four people in the car?  Why not land on my sister's arm and give her a heart attack instead?  Oh no, don't worry...I saw it hit my arm, didn't even give myself a chance to look at it before my reflexs kicked in and WACK! On to the floor it went as I let out a scream at the same time.  Ha... NOT way cool.  Turned out to be some weird leafy lookin creature and I was not about to let it go nuts.  Luckily Leeser kindly released it to the wild.  Ha...

   -Delicious dinner that consisted of Steak, Potatoes (which I had to cook twice b/c I suck) and Corn on the cob.... YUUUMMMY.  Did I mention that I totally suck at cooking?  Poor Brandon better have patience, or he's gonna be the one who cooks!

-Bike ride with Leeser... It felt so good to get a good work out while doing something that I actually enjoy.  I HATE running, however I will still do it. 
    On our bike ride we kept getting side tracked because we came across a play ground, a mini water park, and a swing set all in different neighborhoods!  It was so fun.  I now understand why the sign at the play ground reads "kids age 5-12 only"... I totally SUCKED at the monkey bars.  I could barely go across.  haha and I didn't really fit on anything.  Being 21 is definitely not the same as being 12.  It just doesn't work, and on a side note, the playground kicked my butt. 
Well... That's all for today :)
Hope you all had a great father's day! 

love..cmar

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, Crystal you crack me up! You are right, 21 is not the same as 12. It is pretty sad that you were pretty worked over from a kid's playground :P I am glad that you and Leeser are doing stuff though, I was getting a little worried with her being at home all by herself. Glad you had a fun day and that someone was there to celebrate it with dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. little kid play grounds are hard work. I remember talking all my daycare kids to the park one day and I was like I can take on the monkey bars and all that....holy cow it was hard! Maybe it's cuz I weigh alot more then I did when I was in 2nd grade? Anyways....it wasn't as easy as it looks.
    Oh and I've been married for over a year and 1/2 and I still can't cook....I don't even dare try a steak yet! Poor Levi just has love what I cook or fend for himself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yeah it kicked my butt! I tried dangling my legs and going across the monkey bars and I could barely do 3 of them...It was pathetic. Oh-and my butt was soooo sore from that dang seat on the bike after our little bike ride!

    ReplyDelete