Monday, June 28, 2010

Still going...

Hey everyone... So what a fun weekend it has been.  Hope you can all say the same.  I feel like i've had quite the eventful, fun filled summer this far and we're only at the end of June!  Only... I say that like i'm waiting for summer to be over.  DEFINITELY not!  I wish it would last 10 months out of the 12 we get!  I swear, it comes and goes so fast and is not long enough.  So far this summer I've been to Lake Powell, Vegas, Echo, Heber, and still have a few more on the list!  Greatest summer EVER right? 

So, this weekend was spent at one of my favorite places, Echo Lake.  I can't tell you how much I love that place.  I went with a little group of friends: Brando{of course}, Chase, Mitchy, Mike, and a newish friend Codie.  I say newish, because i've known her since I was 15, and we just started hangin out this weekend!  Needless to say, with our small group, we had a hell of a time. 

Codie and I were the only girls there this weekend and we had sooo much fun together!  It was weird being with out a few friends that usually hang out, but it was a great turn out.  Codie had two sea-doos and was able to borrow her G-Parents boat that they keep up there.  We had a blast!  I am going to purchase some of those toys one day when i'm filthy rich{haha...I wish}

So...After a weekend of 85+ degree sun, 2 jet skis, and a trial and error of trying to wake board, I AM BEAT!  I don't think there is a single muscle in my body that isn't sore and i'm all sorts of burnt.  I even loaded on the sun screen.  That sun just wont let me win... that's ok, it turns out for a great tan.  I feel like an old woman.  I hope this isn't how I'll feel when i'm 90. {yes, I plan on making it that long :) }

We got home around 2:00pm yesterday and B an I zonked out for 2 hours! I had to do a homework assignment for my Dance & Culture class and we woke up 30 min before the show started so we booked it to the Arts Festival to watch the dance performance.  It was the first time i'd been to the festival and I have no idea why because I love that kind of stuff and have always wanted to go.  It turned out being pretty cool.  Last monday, we had a lady who came and taught African dance and brought her drummer boy{man} who accompanied her by playing his homemade drums and teach us how it was done.  Probably the most fun I've had dancing.  Coolest thing ever.  She was all over the place and taught us all sorts of cool stuff. She and her drummer were there performing!  She is the CRAZIEST of all crazies that i've met and I loved her.  I'm totally going to go to one of her saturday morning classes when I have a weekend free!  

The coolest thing happend to me while we were walking in.  I had to stop at the ATM before because the Festival only takes cash.  I didn't want to spend more than I planned so I only took out 20 bucks for the cost to get in.  Well, I didn't think about parking, so I had to pay 3 dollars and only had 17 left.  B didn't have any cash on him, so I would have had to go to the ATM again to get out another 20 to have enough to pay for us. 

Well, have you ever heard of the Secret?  They have a book and a movie, and it's a way of life that I try really hard to use in my life to attract good things.  Well.. I feel it never really works because i'm a crap believer in stuff like that... But, I tried.  We were walking and I kept thinking, I really don't want to go to the ATM, waste 3 or however much of a fee they charge to rip you off so I can get 20 more dollars and why can't this be one of those times that i'm walking along and "hey! I found 10 bucks on the road!" type of thing.  Well... as I reached into my shorts {that I never wear} pocket, to my luck I find 5 bucks!  Kaching!  How awesome did I feel?  Exactly how much money I needed to get in.  I believe that I can say I used the Secret, asked, believed, and received.  What a perfect moment...

So what's in store for this weekend?  Hopefully a pool party, and no work on monday which is ALWAYS a good thing, or possibly Bear Lake?  Who knows, who cares.  Whatever we end up doing, i'm sure it will be fun! 

I promise i'll update you more with pictures so you aren't so bored with my wordy posts.  Unfortunately, I have no access to outside email at work, and work is where I blog so... short of pics! 

Loves... cmar :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow that sounds like a blast! Glad you are having a great summer.. but not glad that we aren't chillin.. Miss yOU!

    ReplyDelete